Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Miss Jenni - A Big Softie?

So I've been telling the girls that one of these days I am going to bring a bag of chocolate kisses and  when they perform, or use their epaulement, I would just leave a kiss for them.  What a great incentive!  Chocolate for performing!  These are teenagers after all... Great idea right?  Not really!

Last night I brought 2 bags of chocolate kisses (and starburst for those who don't eat chocolate).  It kinda backfired on me.  I hated it!  There were 14 dancers there last night (by the way, my FAVORITE size of class!), so it was so hard for me to catch every good thing happening.  Then when the music would end, I had missed several girls with chocolate and I felt so GUILTY!!!!  I found myself looking around the room comparing the girls piles of kisses...making sure it was fair.

Miss Connie has implied to me on several occasions that her classes are more discipline than any other in the studio...but I really beg to differ.  First of all, I don't go around comparing all of our classes, but I don't find that discipline is an issue in any of my classes. Often times I think maybe I need to dish out more compliments (see my posting in January :)).

But after last night I am starting to wonder!  I was so preoccupied with not offending or upsetting any one dancer, I wasn't focused on helping them the best way I know how.  I guess I just need to toughen up!

What do you think? 

Smile and Pointe your toes!
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment