Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Beautiful!

I guess I will start with where we are right now.  In my Ballet 3/4 class (levels 3 and 4 combined), we are working on adding the "sparkle" in their dancing.  The epaulement; head, upper body and arm placement.  I've worked so hard to train "thinking" dancers.  These dancers know what they are doing and why they are doing it.  They know each movement fits in with the picture as a whole.  The problem is that somewhere along the way we lost what it means to be beautiful, to dance with inspiration, to draw the audience and give the gift.  This thought is changing the way i am teaching.  By adding a few choice words in my classes across all levels, I now have even my youngest dancing as if they feel beautiful.  I LOVE IT!

Right now in my ballet classes, we are learning exerpts from the Nutcracker.  It is super exciting because we are planning on producing our first full length ballet of the Nutcracker in December 2011!  It's a great vehicle to put all of our great technique to work while stretching our performance abilities.  FUN FUN FUN!

Pointe your toes and Smile! :)

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment